Delhi University (DU) is a central university which offers admission in multiple specializations under various undergraduate (UG) courses (B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, B.Tech) and postgraduate (PG) courses (MA, M.Com, M.Sc, M.Tech) on the basis of qualifying degree merit/ Entrance Examination marks. Known for its high standards in teaching and research, Delhi University is one of the largest universities in India with 77 affiliated colleges spread all over Delhi.
Delhi University 2019 Application Form is starting from 1st May 2019. Delhi University organizes entrance examinations to offer admission in various UG, PG and other courses. It offers courses in the field of engineering, management, law, science, humanities, computer applications, etc. In some courses admission will be done on the basis of the merit list of qualifying examination.
Before filling the Delhi University Application Form 2019, candidates should check the details given below:
- The application form will be available in the fourth week of April (for PG), second week of May (for UG entrance based) and first week of June (for UG merit based).
- DU registration 2019 will be done via online mode only.
- The university will provide the separate portals for filling the application for different courses.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation message in the registered Email ID/Number after the creation of registration account.
- Upload the scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, 12th class mark sheet (if announced), category certificate (if applicable), etc.
- The images should be in JPG, JPEG or PDF format as applicable.
- The file size should be between 20KB to 50KB (for photograph and signature) and 75KB to 150KB (for other certificates).
- There will be no need to send the printed application form to the university.
- Fee payment should be done using debit/credit card or net banking.
- The application fee is non refundable.
- No extra registration fee will be charged for applying for multiple courses.
- The application fee for various courses is mentioned below:
|UG (merit based)||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 75/-||Rs. 100/-|
|UG (entrance based) and PG||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-||–|
DU Application Date 2019
Here we have provided the tentative dates for DU application form 2019:
|UG (Merit based)||UG (Entrance based)||PG courses||MBA|
|Application form release||1st week of June 2019||2nd week of May 2019||4th week of April 2019||10th October 2018|
|Last date for DU registration||4th week of June 2019||4th week of May 2019||4th week of May 2019||6th January 2019|
|Exam date||–||3rd week of June 2019||3rd week of June 2019||–|
How to Apply for Delhi University
Candidates can follow the procedure given below to fill the Delhi University application form:
- Visit the official website link , i.e. (www.du.ac.in)
- Choose the appropriate admission portal.
- Go through the “New Applicant Sign UP” section.
- Click on the “New Registration” button.
- Fill all the registration details like name, email, mobile number, security question, answer, password, etc.
- After the creation of registration account, a confirmation will be sent on registered email/mobile number.
- Now, login again to complete the application form.
- Enter the required details like personal, academic, course, communication, bank, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and other required certificate.
- Pay the registration fee through online mode.
- Candidates must take printout of the application form for further use.
The procedure of admission is very simple provided that you have read above information .
I advise you to check/select all the subjects while filling in the registration form. You will not be able to take admission into a subject(if you change your mind in mean time) which you have not selected on the registration form.
If you are not from Delhi, arrive a day or two before the cutoff is announced.
Carry at least five copies each of your certificates and self attest them. Have a bunch of passport size photos with you.
Once the cutoff is released, be sure to visit the college within time frame specified in the admission bulletin. Carry the print-out the registration form along with the original and self attested copies of certificates.
For further details, one could visit the DU website: http://www.du.ac.in.
So, wish all the very best to probable applicants. Hope to see you in your dream college in DU.