–Written By Katyayani Narayan Singh
“Modi Ji bas desh ka paisa barbad karate hai”
“Modi Ji Videsh bas ghumna jata hai”
If we stress upon the foreign visits of PM Narendra Modi which he began very soon after winning 2014 elections, the words quoted above would instantly come to our minds, as these were the most common sentences which we could hear from many news channels, people hailing from opposition, criticising government’s foreign policies by uttering all these senseless points.
But now in 2019, when this government is again in the power and this time by the biggest mandate ever. The results off all the foreign visits are very much visible on the ground. As it is very famous saying “Action speaks louder than words, “ and thus without responding to opposition the PM stressed on projecting India as a global leader. The success of this can be very well traced from the isolation of Pakistan and China from the globe on the issue of Kashmir and on various other fronts.
There is thrill, excitement, as well as pride among every Indian in the world as the Indian PM and the Indian government, has been welcomed by some greatest leaders of the world as the leading power. And this is because every day something new is happening on the global level which is in one way or another associated with India. There are new achievements, new honours, new victories and under all this is a new accelerating India.
In contemporary time many powerful countries like America, France, Russian, Israel etc. are supporting and lauding India with a competitive spirit. We are winning on every diplomatic front in the world whether it is isolating Pakistan, neutralising terrorism or resolving Kashmir issue.
In the last five years, every important step has been taken towards building a New and strong India which has resolved various internal and external matter of India.
Some of the major achievements are as follow.
- The first and the most important one is the abrogation of article 370 from J&K and this couldn’t have been possible without taking many international and regional organisations into confidence which. This is the reason that China and Pakistan have failed to censure India over article 360. Only a few days before America also agreed that it would not intervene between India and Pakistan as it is India’s internal matter, and Russia has also supported India openly on the Kashmir issue. Probably, the handshaking pictures of PM. Modi and Donald Trump at G7 summit would be giving worst nightmares to Pakistan.
- Recently the victory in the ‘Kulbushan Jadhav’ case at ICJ is also an illustrious example of India’s diplomatic win at the global level. With a 15-1 majority decision in India’s favour, the court found that Pakistan had breached its obligations under the 1963 Vienna Convention on Consular Relations (VCCR). On legal grounds, the case is a clear victory for India.
- Projection and deceleration of Masood Azhar as a global terrorist was India’s decisive victory against terrorism. China repeatedly blocked India’s effort to tag him as a global terrorist but could not hold it for long and had to surrender against India’s strong foreign policy.
- The release of wing commander Abhinandan Wardhman was like Cherry on the top. It would have been impossible to bring back Abhinandan if it wasn’t Modi’s government in the centre. New India is committed to take all possible steps to ensure it’s soldiers safety. The pressure from the International community left Pakistan with no choice other than to follow the Geneva Convention and free Abhinandan.
- Even Arab world leaders are not coming to Pakistan’s defence. The recent developments in Kashmir irked Pakistani leadership which sought to shore up support from countries throughout the wider Muslim world.
- Among the Persian Gulf’s Arabian sheikdoms—where India has extremely deep historical, economic, and socio-cultural links—Islamabad has not received support. To the contrary, some Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) member-states have essentially taken ‘pro-India’ stances on this escalating crisis in Kashmir.
- This month, as tensions were heating up in Kashmir, Saudi Arabia’s oil giant, Saudi Aramco, announced its plans for a $15 billion investment in Reliance Industries, a Mumbai-based multinational conglomerate. This deal will have Saudi Aramco buying 20 per cent of Reliance Industries’ oil business.
- Land to build the temple was donated by the government of Abu Dhabi following a visit of PM Narendra Modi in 2017. Now, this is the Irony that here in our own country we have been fighting a battle to build Ram Mandir at Ayodhya and a full Islamic country like Abhu bhabhi is gifting their hectare of lands to us for building Lord Vishnu’s temple.
- Humanitarian gesture, the Bahrain government on Sunday pardoned 250 Indians serving sentences in the Gulf nation during the maiden visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the oil-rich country.
- Adding salt to Pakistan’s wounds, United Arab Emirates (UAE), a leading Islamic nation, presented ‘Order of Zayed’, the highest civil decoration of the country to Indian for giving a boost to ties between the two countries.
PM Modi is breaking records and has become the first PM in the world to receive a maximum number of honours from different countries.
- The ‘Bahrain Order- First Class’ by the King of Bahrain during his official visit to the Kingdom on the invitation Bahrain’s Prime Minister Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa.
- On January 14, 2019, he was conferred with the first-ever Philip Kotler Presidential Award.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with the prestigious Seoul Peace Prize for 2018 on 22nd of February.
- Russia on April 12, 2019, announced that it had honoured Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the Order of St Andrew the Apostle, the highest order of the Russian Federation, for promoting partnership and friendly relations between the two countries.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 26, 2018, awarded with the prestigious UN Champions of the Earth Award 2018, the highest environmental honour of the United Nations.
- PM Modi conferred with “Grand Collar” of the State of Palestine.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his brief visit to Afghanistan, on June 4, 2016, was conferred with the “Amir Amanullah Khan Award”, the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 3, 2016, was conferred with Saudi Arabia’s highest civilian honour ‘King Abdulaziz Sash’ by King Salman Bin Abdulaziz at the Royal Court of Saudi Arabiya.
This is not just a list of awards but the success story of India’s magical PM Modi in building outstanding ties with the countries all over the world.
Today, even the most powerful countries of the world are eagerly willing to invest and make relation with India.
It would be worthy to mention that India even made efforts to neutralise relations with Pakistan which were followed by PM Modi in 2014 to Pakistan but all efforts went in vain as it continued its terrorist activities. However, India responded it with the befitting replies in the shape of Surgical and Balakot airstrike and the world stood with us.
In yet another blow to Pakistan Global Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) regional sub-group APG (Asia-Pacific Group) has blacklisted Pakistan for non-compliance of anti-money laundering and combating terror financing efforts.
I hope that it must be clear to all those people who frequently ask “Modi Ji Videsh kya Karne jate chain”. These 53 foreign trips were not just the foreign tours but each and every visit was planned, strategically keeping eye on making strong diplomatic ties with other countries to make India stand strong at global level, most importantly on the matter of terrorism against Pakistan and on many other important matters.
After observing the position that India is holding in the world today, I can conclude that the hard work of the last 5 years has paid off in terms of regional and international ties. The respect and reputation that India is enjoying globally is the sign that the government is actually reaping the fruit of the hard work at this point in time.